Business Solutions Consultant
A market leader in capital markets trade processing solutions seeks a Technical Business Solutions Consultant with a minimum of 5 years of industry experience. This role is based in our Japan office.
The Business Solutions Consultant is a hands-on, results-oriented role supporting our sales activities across the Asia Pacific Region. The successful candidate will have an entrepreneurial spirit, strong business acumen, good analytical skills and a ‘can-do’ attitude. The successful candidate will provide comprehension of prospect requirements and contribute the in-depth knowledge of our solutions and technical guidance needed to bring sales cycles to successful conclusions.
Depending upon the product and/or experience level of an individual, the Business Solutions Consultant may be accountable for all or a subset of the following responsibilities.
• Collaborate with the sales team to understand and correlate prospect and client requirements and business drivers with the appropriate solution and technology.
• Act as the Subject Matter Expert in areas of solution integration with the client's technology environment.
• Leading or assisting with prospect presentations and providing demonstrations of solutions
Assist with RFI/RFP responses and lead delivery of ensuing solution demonstrations or Proofs of Concept.
• Provide support and assistance to Professional Services regarding gap analysis and project scoping to obtain implementation estimates.
• Persuasively communicate SmartStream's capabilities, vision for solutions and key competitive differentiators.
• Shape competitive messaging in the proposal, ensure STL solution benefits are effectively positioned and ensure proposal terminology and tone are compatible with prospect culture and sensibilities.
• Establish and maintain credibility, competency and smooth client transitions throughout the sales to solution delivery phases.
• Provide clear and effective feedback to Product Management and Development teams to influence product performance and direction in clients’ favour.
• Document client use cases to assist in building sales toolkits and white papers
Technical Skills Required
* Practical experience of SQL.
* Knowledge of the Operating Systems (Linux, Windows)
Relational databases (primarily Oracle, DB2 and SQL Server)
* ETL Tools
*Web Application Server environments (WebSphere, WebLogic and JBOSS)
* Web Development Environments (HTML, Java Script and J2EE)
* Knowledge of Virtual Machine (Virtual Box and VMWare)
* Knowledge of Cloud-based networking architecture (AWS, Azure,etc)
* Experience training clients in the use of software system
* Knowledge of networking
Business Skills Required
Good overall understanding of business processes in the financial services industry with expert knowledge of at least some of the business areas listed below.
*Processing of Payments, Securities, FX, Equities, Derivatives, etc.
*Cash & Liquidity Management
*Reference Data/Enterprise Data Management
*Financial Messaging, including SWIFT, FpML, FIX.
*ASP and BPO solutions
*Experience with IHS Markit, XSP would be an added advantage
Japanese language proficiency is a must.
The successful candidate will be available to travel at short notice to support activities across the region and in some cases globally.
Bachelor's degree or global equivalent experience in Financial IT, business or sales related fields.
• Minimum 5 years of experience working in the financial industry in a client-facing or Pre-Sales position