Rapidly growing and profitable financial software and services firm whose customers include the world’s top investment management, wealth management, banking and insurance firms. Reporting to the Managing Director of Asia Pacific, the Country Manager will be responsible for the oversight of the existing & planned growth in Sales and Client Management efforts in Japan.
· Minimum of 10 years of Financial / Software Services industry background with financial market information systems preferred.
· Must have demonstrated experience leading the operations of a Financial / Software Services company.
· Bachelor’s Degree from a leading university or college in Business Management, Economics, Finance, Computer Science or the like.
· Experience in establishing and maintaining C-Level relationships with Japanese corporations, international corporations with significant presence in Japan, as well as Japanese Government entities.
· Front Office and instrument type knowledge across equities, fixed income, derivatives, FX etc
· Negotiated resolutions to difficult relationship issues to the advantage of both customers and employers.
· Demonstrated ability to assist in the strategic sales process to C-level management.
· Demonstrated ability to foster relationships with C-level Management in major and medium sized corporations Demonstrated ability to meet self-imposed deadlines with proactive account management skills, and a record of accomplishment of balancing the demands of multiple client accounts.
· Able to differentiate and work at strategic and tactical levels simultaneously.
· Ability to manage multiple, simultaneous priorities.
· Proven organizational skills with attention to detail.
· Ability to achieve results without close supervision.
· Demonstrated practical, hands-on, “can-do” approach, and the ability to work efficiently and creatively.
· Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
· Superior oral and written communication and interpersonal skills. Must be fluent in Japanese at a business level and be comfortable dealing with people of all levels.
· Some travel will be required – may be >15% per calendar year
Role and Responsibilities
Reporting to the Managing Director, Asia Pacific, this role involves enhancing the regional footprint and sales pipelines and overseeing long-term relationships with our customers and developing relationships with prospects.
The role is based in the Tokyo office and involves taking responsibility for a large territory containing many of the world’s most significant investment management, wealth management, banking and insurance companies that are existing clients.
Will not only be expected to build and maintain an excellent relationship with each client but also take responsibility for country initiatives to enhance the reputation of the company and the product in the Japan market. The role will work closely with the Sales team to establish senior level relationships and drive business growth.
· Understand local workflows and nuances and be an advocate and sponsor of local enhancements to the product development process.
· Have a deep understanding of the competitive landscape and market size.
· Participate in trade-shows, industry events and public appearances (panels, presentations, etc) and be able to discuss system and strategy in a public forum in both English and Japanese.
· Pro-active, out bound communications to existing customers.
· Solicitation of feedback from customers on products and services.
· Semi-annual third-party customer satisfaction surveys.
· Establishing personal contact with customers at Project Sponsor/Executive levels (in conjunction with Manager of RM)
· The incumbent and his team will be responsible for Clients in Japan including those hosted and using the managed services.
· Becoming versed in configuration and tuning of software solutions for Portfolio Management, Execution, Compliance, Post Trade, Data and Performance.
· Managing interfaces between this function and Implementation Managers, Technical Support, and Product Management.
· Refining mechanisms to track all aspects of a customer’s relationship and leveraging them to enhance and better forecast the customer relationship.
· Serve as liaison to Support and Product Management to identify, validate and prioritize product enhancements for the Japan region.
· Primary driver of product upgrades and initially working through the upgrade process with clients to ensure they understand best practices and the range of engagement models.
· Co-ordinate and advise on regional client conferences.