Position: Engineering Manager (Electrical)
Location: Shin Yokohama
Responsible for product design and ensuring the designs meet customer requirements. Serve as a team member on multi-discipline Project Development Teams. Work is of a technical nature where decisions are made within the limits of general practices and procedures. Creativity and initiative are expected to make engineering decisions. Supervision is available to handle unusual situations.
1. Be responsible for electrical product and validation specifications.
2. Take the lead in technical discussion between customers and internal teams.
3. Execute company product development process assignments on schedule. Participant the PDT meeting.
4. Lead product electrical problem solving and root-cause analysis.
5. Evaluate customer requirements for Electronics design and application for EPS.
6. Support EPS production in Suzhou and other regions.
7. Provide product engineering expertise to support supplier development, manufacturing quality analysis, and customer requests.
8. Support new business pursuit activities for Electronics
9. Documentation Management for EPS electronics tuning with the customer, Engineering Bill-of-Material (EBOM), product drawings and Design Failure Mode Effects Analysis (DFMEA), Enterprise change request (ECR).
10. Follow company procedure and process, such as Internal Control (IC) procedures, change management (CMII) process.
11. Support prototype builds and supports off-tool sample builds
12. Support project cost and timing estimations
13. Support continuous Cost Improvement Process (CIP).
14. Vehicle level tuning base on customer requirements.
15. Communication with the US, China and India for project and technical review.
16. Accept other job responsibilities as required by PE Supervisor.
17. Maintain safety and good housekeeping.
SPECIFIC ISSUES (SUCH AS WORKING ENVIRONMENT, BUSINESS TRIP)
Able to take a frequent business trip
1. Deep knowledge of products, technologies and customers
4. Conceptual skill
5. Drive for results
6. Show proper and efficient instructions on work to improve entire team capability
7. Risk analysis and evaluation
8. Change management
9. Interpersonal skill and Communication skill
10. Motivate his/her group members
Other Skills (such as language, technical, software, certification):
1. Good oral and written communication skills in Japanese & English; can use clear & fluent English to describe complex tasks or issues, and explain facts, practices, procedures, etc.
to others; Able to make a simple presentation with English PPT, can understand English information from others and participate in English discussions on various topics;
2. Understanding electronic schematic drawing and technical specification;
3. Be Skillful in using Digital Multimeter, Waveform Generator, Oscilloscope, etc.
4. Be familiar with Automotive Network application (CAN Application is a plus);
5. Vector tools application (CANoe, CANanalyser etc.) Capability is a plus.
1. Products Training
4. CMII (Change Management II)
5. CPI (Customer Program Implementation)
6. PLM (Product Lifecycle Management)
7. Internal Process
Bachelor’s degree, major in Electrical Engineering, Automotive Electronics
Minimum 5 years design and application experience in Automotive Industry, Steering is preferred