Head of Sales – Japan
Our client combines deep industry expertise with an intelligent data management platform to deliver regulatory, liquidity, capital & credit, operations and trade & transaction reporting. Our global footprint spans 70 regulators across 50 jurisdictions, surveilling more than 4,000 regulatory filings. We currently serve national, regional and global financial institutions with more than $39 trillion in total assets.
The primary responsibilities of the position will include:
Market Development: Develop a demand generation plan that comprises participation in industry and sponsored events to influence the marketplace and open new avenues of conversations across the banking and investment management marketplace in Japan.
Client Development: Initiate and develop prospect and client relationships at the highest levels of Financial Institutions in Japan. This also entails developing and executing an annual plan driving both recurring and integration services revenues.
Deliver on Sales Objectives: Successfully navigate prospect and client organizations to Qualify and Develop opportunities to meet quarterly sales targets. The goal is to contribute to sustaining and growing our business in order to achieve long-term success.
Delivery Fidelity: Ensure the followed process and scoped the integration service to deliver referenceable clients.
Leadership and Reporting: Communicate progress of the business to senior leadership of on a periodic basis. In addition, the expectation is to have transparency across the multiple dimensions delineated above.
Product Requirements: Based on the client and regulatory landscape prioritize the product requirements with the product team against Financial & Statistical Reporting, Liquidity Reporting, Capital & Credit Reporting, Operations-Trade- Transactions Reporting and Tax Reporting. Make the appropriate calls to prioritize product development capabilities to meet the business plan.
Successful track record in formulating and executing sales plans for a given territory.
Proven ability to understand the sales cycle and plan accordingly to deliver sales targets for the region
Strong financial markets knowledge with solid understanding of how different market participants interact and connect.
· Successful track record of selling and implementing Regulatory and Risk Reporting for Financial Institutions in Japan.
· Good understanding of the complexity of client implementations and the ability to prioritize product requirements.
· A deep understanding of Capital, Credit, Liquidity and Financial Regulations in the Asia Pacific marketplace.
· Negotiate and close complex contracts with large Japanese Financial Institutions
· Strong management experience in working with an international firm
· C-level experience with the major sell-side and buy-side firms based in Japan
The successful candidate will typically have 15+ years’ financial industry experience, proven track record selling and managing financial technology business in complex and challenging customer environments in banking and investment management market segments. It requires coordination with colleagues in other locations both regionally and internationally and the goal is to contribute to sustaining and growing our business in order to achieve long-term success.
· Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited educational institution. Participated in formal sales process methodology
· Experience informal sales process methodology (Challenger sales, Miller Heiman or equivalent)
· 15+ years of financial industry experience
· Complex solution sales experience
· Demonstrable ability to communicate, present and influence key stakeholders, including executive and C-level
· Ability to adapt to changing business issues and requirements
· Excellent listening, negotiation and presentation abilities
· Strong verbal and written communication skills
· Proficient in Japanese and English