Rapidly growing and profitable financial software and services firm whose customers include the world’s top investment management, wealth management, banking and insurance firms.
The Product Specialist ensures that our clients are optimizing their use of products especially in the areas of system configuration, database administration, batch processing, performance tuning, reviewing the efficiency of SQL queries, reviewing systems set up and architecture at client installations, and being proficient in areas of system integration testing with external third-party vendors.
· Provide phone and email technical consultancy to troubleshoot and optimize database, application and n-tier client issues.
· Analyse client’s installation, setup and make best practice recommendations on the same.
· Perform database tuning, reviewing SQL queries for efficiency.
· Analyse hardware requirements and review system integrations with the client’s in house systems, downstream liquidity providers and settlement venues.
· Make recommendations for better workflow re-engineering and/or tuning trading environment and workflow processes.
· Resolve technical issues in a timely manner using the available resources within the company.
· Manage and prioritize client issues and caseloads appropriately.
· Communicate and follow up effectively with client, both orally and in writing.
· Document and communicate findings and recommendations to ensure a high degree of knowledge transfer to clients.
· Prior Technical Support Experience.
· Strong proficiency with SQL Server/ Oracle , preferably Microsoft SQL Server.
· Proficient in performance tuning, log shipping / replication etc. on MS SQL Server.
· Familiarity with batch processing - database imports, exports.
· Knowledge of UNIX, MS SQL Server, crystal reports.
· Exposure/understanding of Apache/Tomcat and N-tier application architecture, Pearl/Shell scripting.
· Strong Analytical/Technical Skills to analyze problems and provide solutions.
· Proficiency in programming (.Net/Java, Perl) and experience in all phases of Software Development Lifecycle.
· Significant investment management/business knowledge & industry experience.
· Understanding and experience in one or more of the following: Trade order & execution management systems, Portfolio management, Investment compliance systems (pre-trade and post-trade) and Post-trade matching systems (eg: OMGEO).
· Understanding and experience working on one or more of the following asset classes: Equities, Fixed income, FX, OTC and Exchange-traded derivatives.
· Applies strategic thinking to business problems and opportunities.
· Takes initiative and pro-actively identifies and solves problems.
· Excellent communication and analytical skills.
· Tenacity to drive issues to resolution.
· Team player attitude.
· Ideally a Bachelor’s degree in Science specializing in computer applications or equivalent, with five years of progressive experience in software applications or development, at least three of which are in financial services technology.
· Minimum of 5 years’ experience in database platforms with software application packages.
· Broad knowledge of systems architecture and performance tuning.
· A background in Portfolio management and Trade order and execution applications is preferred.