Title: Program Manager
Reports to: Senior Program Manager or Various Manager(s)Position Summary:
The Program Manager is responsible for managing a cross-functional Program Team to ensure successful program execution and launch throughout product life cycle. Responsible for facilitating the Product Realization Process (PRP) and Engineering Change Processes (PCR/ECN) to ensure Customer Satisfaction, Production Readiness, and PPAP’s on time. Act as the primary customer interface on all assigned programs.
• Define and manage the scope of the program on behalf of the company and its suppliers.
• Summarize and report status to teammates, suppliers, customers, and management.
• Initiate and manage programs throughout the product realization process, including engineering requests of all types.
• Utilize the open issues matrix which includes risk mitigation plan.
• Develop and manage the program budget and report updates to management as required.
• Develop and drive program timing with internal milestones, e.g., design reviews, tooling, PRP gate reviews, and external milestones.
• Manage multiple discipline engineering teams to meet internal and customer requirements such as TS16494, APQP, and AIAG.
• Support the Business Unit or Regional Strategic Plan, facilitating activity execution and communicating to stakeholders as required.
• Manage experimental process development activities as needed.
• Manage new tooling engineering requests and program launches throughout the product realization process.
• Present required phase-gate reviews to management.
• Participate in DVP&R, DFMEA, and PFMEA development meetings.
• Support APQP and VA/VE activities.
• Supervise Quality Engineers, along with other functional Engineers as requested.
• Conduct timely and meaningful performance evaluations for direct reports, and provide input into the performance evaluations of associates reporting under your indirect supervision.
• Assess current and future development needs for direct reports and take steps to mentor and develop them accordingly.
• Set the direction for team members and hold individuals accountable to performance standards and strategic objectives.
• Identify and train a back-up(s) to manage key tasks when absent.
• Additional functions not specifically outlined in this position description as directed by the leader.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty effectively. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential job functions.
• Advanced proficiency with Microsoft Office applications.
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
• Strong stakeholder management skills: effectively interacts and influences associates and customers at all levels.
• Ability to interpret and analyze technical procedures and customer specifications.
• Independent and organized work style: effectively manages time and prioritizes multiple tasks
• Prior experience working cross-culturally on global teams.
• Demonstrated experience managing complex project plans and timelines based on input from other team members.
• Demonstrated experience managing task dependencies and risks.
• Prior experience managing or coaching less experienced team members.
• Japanese / English /Chinese language skills to ensure good communication with the global project team
• Masters of Business Administration preferred.
ECM, PRP, or PMP https://www.pmi.org/certifications/types/project-management-pmp