Title: Program Manager
Reports to: Senior Program Manager or Various Manager(s)Position Summary:
The Program Manager is responsible for managing a cross-functional Program Team to ensure successful program execution and launch throughout product life cycle. Responsible for facilitating the Product Realization Process (PRP) and Engineering Change Processes (PCR/ECN) to ensure Customer Satisfaction, Production Readiness, and PPAP’s on time. Act as the primary customer interface on all assigned programs.
Essential Job Functions include, but not limited to, the following:
• Define and manage the scope of the program on behalf of the company and its suppliers.
• Summarize and report status to teammates, suppliers, customers, and management.
• Initiate and manage programs throughout the product realization process, including engineering requests of all types.
• Utilize the open issues matrix which includes risk mitigation plan.
• Develop and manage the program budget and report updates to management as required.
• Develop and drive program timing with internal milestones, e.g., design reviews, tooling, PRP gate reviews, and external milestones.
• Manage multiple discipline engineering teams to meet internal and customer requirements such as TS16494, APQP, and AIAG.
• Support the Business Unit or Regional Strategic Plan, facilitating activity execution and communicating to stakeholders as required.
• Manage experimental process development activities as needed.
• Manage new tooling engineering requests and program launches throughout the product realization process.
• Present required phase-gate reviews to management.
• Participate in DVP&R, DFMEA, and PFMEA development meetings.
• Support APQP and VA/VE activities.
• Supervise Quality Engineers, along with other functional Engineers as requested.
• Conduct timely and meaningful performance evaluations for direct reports, and provide input into the performance evaluations of associates reporting under your indirect supervision.
• Assess current and future development needs for direct reports and take steps to mentor and develop them accordingly.
• Set the direction for team members and hold individuals accountable to performance standards and strategic objectives.
• Identify and train a back-up(s) to manage key tasks when absent.
• Additional functions not specifically outlined in this position description as directed by the leader.
Position Skills and Experience Requirements:
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty effectively. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential job functions.
• Minimum of three years of post-undergraduate degree experience in a project/process/manufacturing management role.
• Advanced proficiency with Microsoft Office applications.
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
• Strong stakeholder management skills: effectively interacts and influences associates and customers at all levels.
• Ability to interpret and analyze technical procedures and customer specifications.
• Independent and organized work style: effectively manages time and prioritizes multiple tasks
• Prior experience working cross-culturally on global teams.
• Demonstrated experience managing complex project plans and timelines based on input from other team members.
• Demonstrated experience managing task dependencies and risks.
• Prior experience managing or coaching less experienced team members.
• Japanese / English /Chinese language skills to ensure good communication with the global project team
• Bachelor of Science in Engineering or Business Administration.
• Masters of Business Administration preferred.
3+ years in a Project Management role
ECM, PRP, or PMP https://www.pmi.org/certifications/types/project-management-pmp