Sales Engineer (VP) Asia Pacific
Rapidly growing and profitable financial software and services firm whose customers include the world’s top investment management, wealth management, banking, and insurance firms. The Sales Engineer or Sales Consultant leads the pre-sales effort to educate the prospects in the use, features, and benefits of the Investment Management Solution across multiple Asset Classes especially within Singapore as well as other Asian Pacific Markets.
Role and Responsibilities
Reporting to the Manager of Sales Engineering - APAC and ultimately to the Director of Sales - APAC, this role involves enhancing our regional footprint and Sales through superior solutions demonstrations and targeted events and tradeshows. A core component is solution demonstration and enthusiastic product presentation. Additionally, he or she works closely with the sales team to ensure all product, workflow, and best practice questions and objections are thoroughly addressed. This is a senior role and the sales engineer must be perceived as highly credible and knowledgeable in both the investment industry and the solution. The role is based in our Singapore office and involves demonstrating solutions to many of the world’s most significant investment management, wealth management, banking and insurance companies.
· To be a product expert on the system.
· Liaison between investment management markets, sales team and product management team.
· Close interaction with sales team to drive forward sales process.
· Forge relationships with clients through business and social contact.
· Travel to clients and prospective clients across Asia Pacific.
· To quickly become familiar with developments of system enhancements
· Training of sales team and clients, and implementation staff in the product.
The role requires the successful applicant to allocate time as follows:
· 50% preparation and detailed product presentation and demonstration to highly sophisticated investment professionals.
· 20% follow-up with prospects to close out any unanswered questions or objections.
· 10% represent at conferences and Industry trade show events.
· 10% coordinate or assist in general prospect visits or product test pilot projects.
· 10% Assist with RFPs or request for information preparation.
· Experience in the financial markets industry is mandatory.
· Minimum of 4-5 years of Financial/Software Services industry background with financial market information systems preferred.
· Front and Middle Office knowledge across equities, fixed income, derivatives, FX etc.
· Must have the technical acumen to understand requirements and objections and be able to articulate advantages.
· Excellent organisation skills; ability to manage multiple complex tasks simultaneously and meet self-imposed deadlines in a dynamic environment.
· Foster relationships with the senior market practitioners in large and small corporations.
· Superior oral and written communication and interpersonal skills, both in Japanese and English.
· Strong analytical skills and the ability to understand a prospects’ business and workflows, and adapt the functional components of the IMS, as required, for detailed demonstrations and workshops.
· Able to differentiate and work at strategic and tactical levels simultaneously.
· 20-30% estimated Asia-Pacific regional travel.
· Excellent presentation skills particularly to large and complex audiences.
· Consultative presentation and selling style.
· Comfortable with PC technology and general applications.
· Language skills – Mandarin, Cantonese, Korean or Thai would also be an advantage, but not mandatory.
· Must have strong knowledge in one or more of the following areas: portfolio management, trading, performance and risk, investment accounting, compliance, corporate actions, and position management.
· Bachelors Degree from a leading university in Business Management, Economics, Finance, Computer Science or the like.
· Investment management market knowledge.
· Aptitude for systems.
· Reasonable understanding of technology and databases.
· Team focused.
· Ability to work in a high-pressure environment.
· Willingness to travel extensively throughout Asia on a regular basis.
· Friendly and open personality.