Rapidly growing and profitable financial software and services firm whose customers include the world’s top investment management, wealth management, banking, and insurance firms. The Sales Manager position manages direct sales activity and Pipeline within the nominated territory.
Reporting to the Director, Sales, Asia Pacific, this role involves enhancing regional footprint and Sales pipeline. The role is based in our Singapore office and involves taking responsibility for a large territory containing many of the world’s most significant investment management, wealth management, banking, and insurance companies.
The role requires the successful applicant to manage direct sales in a territory and meet the annual quota for software sales. The role involves selling both software and services related to portfolio management, compliance, trade/execution management, and trade processing software products to the investment industry. You will be personally responsible for prospecting, working and closing deals within your nominated territory.
· 30% - Prospecting and working with the sales team to fully cover their assigned territory, build relationships and cover all sales opportunities
· 30% - Meeting with prospective clients/working deals – organizing and running presentations, demo’s, pilots. Working throughout prospective client organization to understand the organization, decisions makers, build high-level relationships, clearly understand business and technical requirements, and ability to clearly articulate advantages to best position and close new business.
· 30% - work through objections, pricing and contract issues to close deals
· 10% - develop relationships with existing customers, industry consultants and complementary software vendors to leverage sales opportunities through references and referrals.
· Must have a thorough understanding of strategic selling and demonstrated success against quota in a highly competitive environment
· Significant strategic selling experience to C level decision makers (min 3 years – 5+ years preferred)
· Must have big-ticket software sales experience. Experience with large strategic enterprise-wide products such as SAP, PeopleSoft, Oracle Financials is highly desirable
· Consulting sales experience desirable but not as a replacement for big-ticket software sales experience
· Must have the technical acumen to understand requirements and objections, articulate advantages. A technical degree in EE, CS or equivalent is highly desirable
· Demonstrate an ability to meet self-imposed deadlines, possess proactive sales management skills, and a track record of balancing the demands of multiple sales campaigns
· Have an established successful Relationship Management/Sales track record
· Fostered relationships with senior managers in large and small corporations
· Negotiated resolutions to difficult contractual issues to the advantage of the customer
· Superior oral and written communication and interpersonal skills
· Strong analytical skills
· Able to differentiate and work at strategic and tactical levels simultaneously
· 30-50% Asia-Pacific Regional Travel
· Fluent English
· Experience in the financial industry mandatory
· Minimum of 8 years of Financial / Software Services industry background with financial market information systems preferred)
· Front Office and instrument type knowledge across equities, fixed income, derivatives, FX etc