Experience Level (in number of years): 4-6 Years
Target Start Date: ASAP
Working Hours: Monday - Friday 8:40am to 5:40pm
As a key member of our team, the successful candidate will:
- Build, evolve and maintain a web-based UI that Research employees use to create, clear and publish sophisticated Research reports. The reports are subsequently uploaded to a Research publishing system, and distributed in e-mail, PDF, Text and HTML5 formats.
- Day to day support for Research Analysts who use the COMET platform.
- Contribute innovative ideas to solve complex business problems, and provide the capability to build solutions that are innovative, responsive and reliable.
- Incorporate methodologies to ensure that the system is fully fault-tolerant, resilient and consistent across geographic locations (Japan, AEJ, US & EMEA).
- Ensure high coding standards, and impeccable adherence to rules and requirements that are mandated to be incorporated into the new system.
- Participate in the full software development life cycle.
- Provide level 2 and 3 support whenever required.
Requirements (indicate any mandatory and/or preferred credentials):
We are seeking a senior web application developer, experienced in end-to-end development with a proven track record. Who has the ability to effectively work in a team, collaborating with peers around the world. The successful candidate is a self-starter, motivated by the desire to solve problems and create high quality solutions that surpass business expectations.
- Experienced in developing user-friendly, multi-lingual (English & Japanese) applications.
- Experience with creating backend REST services that query databases and provide data to downstream systems
- Knowledge of build, test and deployment automation tools.
- Relational database and SQL scripting skills: Querying, Debugging, Optimization.
- Familiarity with GitLab version control.
- Experience of working with documentation and ticketing systems: Confluence & JIRA.
- Understanding of the issues around creating, deploying, and supporting a client side application in production – Authentication, server connectivity, basic networking, logging, etc.
- Mandatory Japanese & English reading, writing and speaking ability.
- Ability to think clearly and express ideas in coherent, concise code, emails, and documentation. Effective communication skills a must.
- Prizes accuracy and attention to detail, and takes pride in their work.
- Self-starter who is action and result oriented.
- Experience and/or familiarity with financial data management systems
- Experience with vector graphics manipulation: SVG, EMF
- Experience in generation of materials in PDF and HTML formats